We had my glucose test on Monday. I had to drink a super sugary drink and get my blood tested an hour later. This test was testing me for gestational diabetes. I was super nervous and convincing myself that I had given myself diabetes. I can't help it when most of my cravings are sugary treats. What baby wants, baby gets. Haha! So, I was nervous, to say the least.
I had to drink this orange drink that they had given me at my last appointment. I had been hearing horror stories about the taste, but it wasn't bad. It just tasted like really sugary orange Gatorade. The aftertaste was the worst part. It was like a coating on our throat... You know, the one you get after drinking too many margaritas and the sweetness from the sour mix just sits there? That's what it felt like.
I drank my drink, got called back, they weighed me (ugh! - those numbers are still rising) and took my blood pressure. Everything is measuring right on track. The Dr. we saw was very friendly and answered all of my questions. We listened to Owen's heartbeat and i had the Dr. tell me where he thought our little man was sitting. He felt around on my belly and pushed some areas and said that he felt like he was head down. I'm not sure how much I believe it, but I'm not the professional. I'm convinced that he's laying sideways. We'll see in a couple weeks, when we get our 3D ultrasound with the Perinatologist.
After meeting with the Dr., I went and got blood drawn. They took 2 vials to send away and told me that they'd be in touch. I was nervous for the next 24 hours. They actually emailed me that following morning. I PASSED!!! My glucose was normal and I had a low risk of developing gestational diabetes. Phew, what a relief!!! I celebrated with a Snickers for breakfast and it was delicious!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.