Friday, January 13, 2012

15 Week Appointment

I wish I had recent pictures to show, but we did not get an ultrasound at this appointment, unfortunately.  I haven't seen our baby since 12 weeks (at our NT Scan) and it feels like it's been a lifetime.  We went to the Doctor on Monday, January 9th.  I was super scared to get on the dreaded scale, as I feel like I have gained 100 lbs and it had been a month since our last appointment.  There was no telling what that number was going to jump to!  Did I tell you that I only weigh myself at the Dr.?  I never get on our scale at home.  Well, to my surprise, I only gained 1 lb since our last appointment at 11 weeks and she said everything looks great.  She said I was on the lower side of weight gain, but she wasn't worried about it since there was plenty of time to redeem myself.  We heard the heartbeat and it's strong and steady in the 150's.  She says that it's still girl range, but still, not to go buy anything.  We'll be impatiently waiting until we find out.

Unfortunately, we won't get another ultrasound until our 20 week appointment.  She is sending me to the Dr. that did my NT Scan because that's who found a fibroid on my uterus.  They aren't very concerned with it interrupting the pregnancy or the baby's development because of where it is located.  It is also benign, so that's a plus.  At the 20 week ultrasound it is much more in depth and they will have many more details as to what all this fibroid entails.  My Dr. said it's very rare that anything bad happens with these and they are more annoying than anything, but she wants to make sure everything looks normal.  Again, she doesn't see it being any sort of problem.  We'll also be able to find out if I am baking a little Prince or Princess!!!  The only thing that could be a problem is delivery and depending on exactly where it is (at the time of delivery) and how big it gets, I may have trouble delivering naturally and may have to get a C-Section.  We'll see when it gets a little closer though.  I'm open to whatever way is safest for our little one to arrive healthy.

We left the appointment feeling great about everything.  She explained it all to us and we will know more at our 20 week ultrasound.  Until then, we have a 19 week appointment with our Dr. and that won't be an ultrasound either.  I hate not being able to see our sweet pea.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.