Friday, March 23, 2012

Nursery

I have the greatest parents in the world and Owen is going to have the greatest Nana and Pop in the world.  My Mom just called me to let me know that Owen now has a place to lay his little "keppi" when he sleeps.  The crib has been ordered!!  I cannot wait until it get here!  I'm so ready to start on his nursery.

I have all these ideas going on in my head that I'm ready to start on them.  I've slowly started buying some crafts for some of the decor I am going to do.  I have some very crafty friends and family that are going to help me.  Nikki is super gifted in the department of the curtains, woodworking and lettering.  Missy is amazing at the pictures we are doing in his room.  My mother-in-law is amazing at sewing, so we are going to have a craft day and make a couple pillows.  I cannot wait to have it all done.  It's going to be the best room in the house, but what would you expect for the greatest baby EVER?!  Here are a few ideas I have for the room that we will be working on.  I can't wait to see how it will all come together!

Here's the bedroom furniture we are getting and the amazing, beautiful crib that is on it's way!!


Thank you, Nana and Pop!!



Matt is the handyman of the house.  We picked out some closet shelving that we liked for organization, so we'll get this for him to install.


I found this sign on Etsy and fell in love with it.  Nikki and I are going to have a craft day and make one.  It will either go on the wall or on one of the shelves that I am going to have Matt hang.


Missy is making these on the computer.  We're not doing them on canvas.  We'll print them on card stock and frame them for above his crib.


These name blocks are super cute and thought they'd look perfect on his dresser or one of the shelves.  This is another craft for Nikki and I.


Nikki (I told you she was crafty), found these curtains.  They're actually white curtains with navy blue stripes painted on them.  I'm going to go to IKEA and get some white curtains and we'll paint the stripes.  It looks super easy, from the tutorial.


I am so in love!!  Not only with my little man (and Matt), but with this bedding.  I didn't want to do anything to baby-ish or themed.  I wanted to go modern.  I found this at Pottery Barn Kids and loved it!!  We're not doing a comforter...  Let's be realastic - no baby ever uses it.  We're sticking with the bumper, crib sheet and crib skirt.  It will go perfect in Owen's room.


The crib will be a dark espresso color, so this is what it'll look like against the color of the crib. 


I love gray, so this color yarn is the color gray that I am hunting down for the walls.  I don't want anything too light, but nothing dark.  This was perfect and right in between.  We may also add wainscoting to lighten the room a bit.  We'll see when we go to Home Depot this weekend.


I was looking online, last night, at gliders and rockers and came across this chair.  I really love it!!  It's a plain glider and has an ottoman, but I'm up in the air with the ottoman idea.  This picture doesn't do any justice, but it's white with navy pinstripe and piping.  Too cute!!


My mother-in-law is going to help me make some pillows.  Not sure if this is the design we'll do, but it will be in the navy, white, grey and yellow color scheme.  They'll look cute on the rocker/glider we decide on.


This initial picture will be my first attempt at a craft.  I'm doing things a bit different and will be sure to post the completed project.  It will be in a frame, on yellow and white gingham card stock and I'm doing a yearn letter "O."


I don't even know if I have to explain this picture.  It's perfect and will definitely be in Owen's nursery.


These elephants were too cute to pass up.  I would like to do them, but don't want the walls and decor to get too busy.  I may do 1, instead of 3.  We'll see what all we even end up using before I do these.


This picture is a MUST!  My Grandpa Joel always said this saying to us, every time we'd see or talk to him, "I love you to the moon and back, from this universe to the next."


I hope this "vision board" of pictures gives you an idea of the nursery we are wanting to do.  I will be sure to post updates on the progress once we get the ball rolling.  CAN'T WAIT!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.