Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Our New "Normal"

Well, it looks like our little stinker is going to give us a hard time this 1st trimester.  I should have known this wasn't going to be smooth sailing.  Yesterday, I had another bleeding episode.  I was at work, got up to get something off the printer and there it went.  I called the Dr.'s office, as she instructed me to do if the bleeding happened again, and they scheduled me an appointment for today at 10:45. 

Matt and I got up and went to the appointment and got our (seems daily) ultrasound.  Everything went great. The tech found the heartbeat right away and she said that baby has a fast, strong heartbeat and it still growing so the bleed isn't affecting our little one. Hearing this fantastic update, was music to our ears.  She found where the bleed was coming from, but it's something we may have to get used to this 1st trimester.  She says as long as it isn't really heavy for a long period of time, then we are okay.  Basically, it's nothing to worry about. It may happen again, but not to panic and just give them a call so we can go in and take a look. I am hoping that it stays away from here on out.

Now, hopefully we can stay away from the Dr. until our actual scheduled appointment on the 28th. As much as the bleeding is scary, annoying and sucks, at least we get to check up on our sweet pea.

Our Dr. put me back on a progesterone supplement since my levels had dropped a bit.  She said that it's nothing to be worried about.  The ovaries stop supplying everything to the baby around 9 weeks, when the placenta then takes over.  She said mine just slowed down a little earlier, so she wanted me on medicine to help.  I only take it through the 12th week, so hopefully it flies by. 

7 weeks:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.