Friday, February 10, 2012

Update on Our Little One

I am so sorry that I have been MIA these past few weeks.  I've been hardcore slacking and I apologize.  It's been busy at work and busy at home.  I will try and be better.  I know…  You've heard that before...  I'm really going to try.

Today we've hit a milestone and had 2 great doctor's appointments this week.  Today marks the 20th week of pregnancy, which means that we are "half baked" or at the halfway mark until we get to meet our little one. It's amazing to be this far along and it's even more amazing that I get to feel this stinker move around.  I am in love!!

We went to our regular doctor on Monday and she did the monthly check-up.  We checked my weight and blood pressure.  I'm up 15lbs for the entire pregnancy, so far.  It's hard seeing those numbers go up when I step on that scale.  My blood pressure was perfect and she said I am doing good and healthy so far.  We checked the heartbeat of the baby and it was in the 150-160's.  Our doctor's bet is still for a girl.  We'll see!  She talked to us for a bit and then she said that she would like us to "date" the other doctor's in the practice for on-call purposes so I can be familiar with them when I go into labor.  Our next appointment is set for March 6th.  We're looking forward to it!

Thursday came around and it was time for the BIG appointment!  The one we had been waiting for!  It had been 8 weeks since out last ultrasound and we were ready to see our little munchkin and finally find out what we're baking in here.  This appointment was the baby's anatomy scan and it was with the perintologist (the high-risk doctor).  Don't panic, I'm considered high-risk because of the fibroid I have.  We went in and told the ultrasound tech that we didn't want to know the sex of the baby, but to check it and write it on a piece of paper and stick it in a sealed envelope.  This is because we are doing a Gender Reveal Party tomorrow (I'll explain all of this later).  It took a minute for her to get some good measurements, since the baby was being stubborn.  S/he was laying the wrong way with its face down.  She made me turn on my side to get the baby to move.  Looks like we still have a stubborn one on our hands!  So the tech eventually took all of the measurements and said everything looked great.  Our baby was measuring right on track, to the day.  She went to check the gender and measure the legs.  We closed our eyes super tight and she said she got a great, clear picture!  I'm so excited!!  The tech left and the perintologist came in to take more measurements.  She said that we had the best looking baby she had seen all day!  I had to agree, as we already knew this.  It was great to hear though.  She said the baby and everything looked perfect!  She looked at my fibroid and said it looked good.  It was in a spot that isn't concerning, but to call if it causes any pain, as pain can cause inflammation which can then go on to cause pre-term labor.  The slightest pain, I will be calling!  The fibroid had grown and it was measuring in inches and bigger than my uterus, which is pretty big.  Again, she wasn't concerned about it in the least bit.  We have an appointment with her again, in 5 weeks, to keep up with my fibroid and monitor its growth.  This appointment is on March 15th - can't wait until we can see our little one, again!

Onto the Gender Reveal Party...  We planned a party for this Saturday.  Matt and I have no idea what we are having, but we're super excited to find out.  Our minds keep changing on a daily basis.  So, we closed our eyes when the ultrasound tech checked the baby's gender.  She wrote the results down and sealed the envelope up.  We even made her seal a picture of the results in a separate envelope so we had proof.  Right after the doctor's appointment I drove that envelope to the baker and they are baking a cake fro Saturday.  She is going to make it either pink or blue, on the inside, depending on the results the tech wrote down.  I'm picking up the cake tomorrow morning and when we cut the cake that afternoon with everyone, we'll find out along with everyone else, what we're having!  I will be sure to update you all, as soon as we find out, along with some pictures.

Below are a few pictures of baby from our anatomy scan, yesterday.  I know...  It really IS the cutest baby you've ever seen!








No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.